Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 4
- Minimum of 3 scholarly sources (in addition to the textbook)
As part of the discussion this week, you made a brief exploration of a work of art to understand its subject, meaning, and intent. In this assignment, you will explore an artwork in more depth to consider the context in which it was created. Choose any painting, and address the following:
- Explain the artistic movement associated with the work of art.
- Describe the style of the artist (How is the artist unique within the movement?)
- Examine in some depth the influences that shaped the work. Address at least 2 of the following:
- Stylistic influences
- Subject/content influences
- Cross-disciplinary influences such as literature, philosophy, music, science, technology, etc.
- Historical influences
- Political influences
- Reflect on your learning.
- How did your research enhance your appreciation of the artwork?
- How does understanding the context of a work help in interpreting it?
Include the following in your paper:
- Name of the painting
- Name of the artist
- Date created
- Image of the painting
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page, references page, image, or caption for artwork)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 3 scholarly sources)
I will be discussing Leonardo da Vinci’s painting, the Last Supper. The artist created the mural painting between 1495 and 1498 (King, 2013). To date, it continues to be one of the most appreciated and iconic masterpieces from the Italian High Renaissance period. The Italian High Renaissance period lasted four decades, starting from 1490 (Fletcher, 2020). During this period, artists would often depict the classical humanism ideals in their artwork. Additional characteristics of artwork created in this period includes techniques of linear perspective, methods of realism, and techniques of shading (Fletcher, 2020). Leonardo da Vinci was one of the most renowned artists during the Italian High Renaissance. One of his outstanding skill was his draftsmanship. That is, he was very skilled at creating technical drawings (King, 2013). He thrived in documenting his ideas and knowledge through his artwork. He also stood out for his outstanding use and mastery of sfumato and oil painting. Sfumato is a technique whereby the artist lets colors and tones to shade gradually and smoothly into one another (King, 2013). It…Please click the icon below to purchase full answer at only $10