Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 11, 12
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
This week you will use your readings from the past week as a point of departure to create your own artistic production and a reflection paper.
Part 1: Art Creation
Select a photograph or film art piece to use as a point of inspiration. Create an art piece of photography or cinematography inspired by your selected art piece. Videos should be no longer than 5 minutes and must be in MP4 format.
Note: If your art creation requires a separate file submission, please submit in the Art Creation Submission (Recordings) area following this assignment.
Part 2: Reflection
Write a reflection about the relationship between your art production and the inspiration piece. Include the following in the reflection paper:
- Inspiration Piece
- Include the inspiration photograph or cinematography within the document. Use a link in the case of cinematography.
- Record the title, artist/director, year, and place of origin.
- Briefly explain the background of the inspiration piece.
- Your Art Piece
- Include your original photograph within the document. If you selected cinematography, submit as a separate file in the Art Creation Submission (Recordings) area following this assignment.
- Provide a title.
- Explain the background of your piece.
- Explain the thematic connection between the two pieces.
- How are they similar and different?
- Are they the same medium? How does the medium impact what the viewer experiences?
- For photography, how do the formal elements of design compare to one another?
Original Artwork Requirements
- Methods: photo or video
- No computer-generated pieces
Title: figs and honey
Artist: Steve Hansen
Place of origin: Steve Hansen Images
As indicated, the photograph was captured by Steve Hansen as part of a marketing campaign. The award-winning photographer is renowned for his skills in capturing beverages and food (IPA, 2014). As seen in this image, he so expertly combines the chef’s and photographer’s perspective to create the perfect shot. It also helps that he has experience as a digital artist, professional chef, and food stylist (IPA, 2014). He has a degree in culinary arts. In his shots, he aims at focusing the viewer’s attention on the food and stimulating their senses…Please click the icon below to purchase full answer at only $10