Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 7
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
Initial Post Instructions
Leadership styles can be broken into different categories such as participatory vs. autocratic or transformational vs. transactional. Choose two leadership styles from the textbook and lesson. Using your own research and the information you have learned this week, compare and contrast the leadership styles. Include your own opinion of which leadership style would be best for your current or former workplace with a justification for that leadership style choice.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least one peer. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Minimum of 2 posts (1 initial & 1 follow-up)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
- Link (webpage): Discussion Guidelines
- Often leaders are either transformational or transactional, or participatory or autocratic. Either way, leadership style is very important as it has a direct impact on efficiency of the capital and human resources within the organization. Between the styles, I will compare participatory and autocratic leadership style. The two leadership styles are significantly different from each other. To start with, autocratic leadership style is the older of the two. It upholds a top-down approach. Herein, decisions are made at the top and passed down for implementation (Goleman, 2017). This leadership style is similar to authoritarian leadership. As such, the leader solely makes the decisions with no involvement of the followers. There is little to no free flow of information. Instead, the staff are too afraid to voice any of their concerns and opinions (Goleman, 2017).
On the other hand, participative leadership I characterized by involvement of the followers in the,,,Please click the icon below to purchase full answer at only $5