Choose two issues or challenges that the leaders of today’s health care organizations face. Select from among the following topics:
- Staff Shortage (Physicians, Nurses, Allied Health Providers, Ancillary Services)
- Reorganization in Response to Merger or Consolidation of Services
- Layoffs as a Result of Declining Revenues
- Influx of Registry, Part-Time, and Temporary Contract Staff
- Poor Performance Outcomes Leading to a Reduction in Medicare Reimbursement Dollars
- Poor Job Satisfaction Rates Resulting in Turnover
You are the manager of an ancillary service department at a large, 500+ bed hospital. Develop a proposal (750-1,200 words) that is directed toward your staff, in which you address the following:
- Inform the staff of the two issues (from the topics provided) your organization is facing.
- Describe the impact of these issues on your department.
- Describe how improved communication, collaboration, and teamwork can improve conditions in your department.
- Identify at least two examples from the required or recommended readings of techniques found to foster inclusion and improve communication and collaboration.
- A minimum of three academic references from credible sources are required for this assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
Challenges Faced by Today’s Health Care Organizations
The healthcare system in the U.S has been facing multiple complex and dynamic challenges. This paper is purposed at discussing two issues faced by our organization, their impact on the ancillary service department, and how improved collaboration, communication, and teamwork can improve the department’s conditions and effective techniques to enhancing teamwork, collaboration, and communication.
Identification of the Two Issues
The healthcare system is currently facing various issues that need to be addressed in an effective manner. These issues affect health care delivery resulting in poor health outcomes for individuals, families, populations, and communities. The two main issues of concern are (i) shortage of staff shortage especially nursing and ancillary staff; (ii) influx of registry, part-time, and temporary contract staff.
Impact of the identified Issues
One of the major issues facing not only our organization but also the healthcare sector at large is the shortage of staff. The effects of staff shortage are significantly faced by the ancillary department. The delivery of services to patients, both outpatient and inpatient demands collaboration with different healthcare professionals including nurses, physicians, support staff, laboratorians, pharmacists etc. With staff shortage, it becomes substantially challenging to achieve effective collaboration, resulting in poor service delivery. Staff shortage also results in…Please click the icon below to purchase full answer at only $10