Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: pp. 303-305.
Apply the following writing resources to your posts:
- Link (website): APA Citation and Writing (Links to an external site.)
Initial Post Instructions
Main Post Part 1: Share Your Revision Plan
You have now received feedback from your instructor and from your peers, and you have already been applying revision strategies to your draft in the past week.
This week, you will perform final, guided revisions in six levels: global, section, paragraph, sentence, word, and final proofreading. After you have read and studied the lesson and the assigned textbook readings for the week, you will make a plan for addressing these levels of revision.
In one full paragraph, please share how you are approaching revisions now and how you will continue to do so before submitting your final draft. In this paragraph, answer the following questions:
- Which days and time slots on your calendar this week have you set aside to fully address each of the six distinct levels of revision as addressed in the lesson? Be very specific.
- Why did you choose these days and time slots? Be very specific.
- By now, you should have begun working through the stages of revision. Which stage are you in? Please share how you approached the stage(s) you have worked through. What insights have you gained? What changes have you made? Be very specific.
Main Post Part 2: Share Your Rewards Plan
We understand the importance of self-care and of rewarding ourselves for our good efforts. “Revision Week” can be stressful because revision takes hard mental work and time and because you may also be very busy in other classes or with other endeavors. Review the portion of the lesson that suggests ideas for rewarding yourself during your revision stages in order to stay refreshed and motivated.
In one full paragraph, please carefully describe at least three of your unique post-revision level rewards for this week.
- What are the rewards?
- Where do they occur?
- What will they look like?
- Who will be there?
- How will each reward refresh you?
Be very specific and descriptive; let your classmates truly “see” the creative and rejuvenating choices you are making!
I have already started my revision. I commenced on Sunday. All through Sunday afternoon and some part of Monday afternoon, I worked on global revisions. During this time, I went through the feedback I received from the instructor and the peer review. I also then used the feedback to construct a new outline, rank the ideas on the level of importance, and consider how the ideas are connected to each other (Harvard College, 2021). I went over my organization, paragraph and sentence structure, and argumentative points. On Tuesday night, I did level two revisions. I spent approximately two hours reviewing all my sections. This was quite helpful in identifying more gaps within the paragraphs and argumentative points (Chamberlain University, 2021). Tonight, I….Please click the icon below to purchase full answer at only $5