Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 9 (All Sections)
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
Initial Post Instructions
After reviewing data from a sample, an inference can be made about the population. For example,
Find a data set on the internet. Some suggested search terms: Free Data Sets, Medical Data Sets, Education Data Sets.
- Introduce your Data Set and Cite the Source.
- What trends do you notice in your data set?
- Based on the trends and the history of your data set, make a claim. What kind of test (left, right, two tailed) would you have to complete?
- Explain the steps needed to complete the Hypothesis Test. What is needed?
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Based on the claim presented by your peer, state the null and alternative hypothesis and process you would take to determine if you would Reject or Fail to Reject Ho.
- Based on the data and history presented by your peer, state a new claim and explain why you think your claim is valid.
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
The selected data for this discussion is the average per capita income in the United States in 2015. This is as depicted in the extract below.
Based on the data, it can be noted that the average per capita income between differs considerably from one state to another. Based on average per capita income in the country, the claim would be;
H0: The mean per capita income in the United States is $47,669
H1: The mean per capita income in the United States is greater than $47,669…Please click the icon below to purchase full answer at only $5