This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO2: Demonstrate leadership strategies that promote safety and improve quality in nursing practice and increase collaboration with other disciplines when planning patient-centered care within systems-based practice. (PO2)
- CO5: Apply concepts of professionalism when planning for personal, intellectual, and professional development. (PO5)
Select one of the AACN BSN Essentials, and elaborate on its meaning and importance in your own future professional nursing practice.
In your post (intended to provide a clear and thorough answer), be sure to
- identify the AACN BSN Essential that you have selected by name and number;
- explain why you selected this Essential; and
- explain how this Essential will be used to improve quality in your future professional nursing career.
The AACN BSN essential I have selected is Essential II: Basic Organizational and Systems Leadership for Quality Care and Patient Safety (American Association of Colleges of Nursing [AACN], 2008). The rationale for selecting this essential is that with the increasing complexity of healthcare needs, organization and systems leadership has become an important contributor to quality care and patient safety (Phillips, Stalter, Dolansky, & Lopez, 2016). Leadership skills are essentials in promoting decision-making and maintain effective working relationships, communication, and team collaboration among staff. Organizational and systems leadership also promotes coordination of care, delegation, and effective conflict resolution (AACN, 2008). The….Please click the icon below to purchase full answer at only $5