This assignment gives you the opportunity to reflect on a professional issue that you have encountered during your nursing career. If you are a new graduate, consider an issue that you experiences as a nursing student.
You will be asked to make two entries in your journal throughout this course where you will identify the nature of the issue, provide details about what occurred, find related evidence that can deepen your understanding, an summarize what you have learned that could help you successfully manage the issue if it was to recur.
Follow the directions and rubric. Use the assigned template for each Journal.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcome.
- CO 2: Consider the impact of contemporary healthcare issues on the role of the professional nurse. (PO 7)
Journal Entry #2 is to be submitted by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 4.
Journal Entry #2 is worth 150 points.
- Download the Journal Entry #2 form (Links to an external site.).
- Use the same professional issue/situation used in your first journal entry, and describe your search for evidence, details of the resource selected, and its impact on how you will perceive and handle a similar situation in the future.
- Complete each section on the form. Review the instructions and grading rubric to be sure that you are meeting all the requirements to achieve maximum points.
- This is not a scholarly paper. You may write in the first person, and you do not need to follow APA format. However, you are expected to write in complete sentences and use proper grammar and correct spelling.
- Submit your journal entry by the due date mentioned above.
- Review the guidelines and the grading rubrics for this assignment.
- Please post questions to the Q & A Forum, or contact your instructor.
- Complete each section. This is not a scholarly paper. You may write in the first person, and you do not need to follow APA format, but you are expected to write in complete sentences and use proper grammar and correct spelling.
- Use Microsoft Word 2013 (or higher) to complete this assigned form. Save as a .docx document.
- Submit this journal entry by Sunday, end of Week 4.
|1. Describe how you searched for a resource that could inform you about your situation from Journal #1, and that can guide you in the future.||I conducted a simple search on Chamberlain library. Herein, I search the for peer reviewed articles published within the last five years on how to manage and prevent bullying among nurses. My key words included: workplace bullying, nurses, prevention, and impact. I found numerous articles that fell within my search criteria. From the results, I selected an article that provides a comprehensive overview of the phenomenon of workplace bullying among nurses. The selected article provides an assessment of bullying among nurses, its impact on the financial and clinical outcomes of the organization, as well as strategies that can help address the problem.|
|2. Provide the following information about this source.||Authors: Cole Edmonson, Caroline Zelonika
Title: Our Own Worst Enemies: the Nurse Bullying Epidemic
Source: Nurse Administration Quarterly
URL or Permalink: doi: 10.1097/NAQ.0000000000000353
Please click the icon below to purchase full answer at only $10