Purpose and Course Outcome
The discussion topic this week pertains to the following Course Outcome.
- CO 2: Explore the impact of contemporary health care issues on the role of the professional nurse. (PO 7)
During the assigned week (Sunday the start of the assigned week through Saturday the end of the assigned week):
- Posts in the discussion at least two times, and
- Posts in the discussion on two different days
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate outside scholarly sources when required
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Best Practices include:
- Participation early in the week is encouraged to stimulate meaningful discussion among classmates and instructor.
- Enter the discussion often during the week to read and learn from posts.
- Select different classmates for your reply each week.
Nurses have great potential for leadership in health policy and politics.
Share with us two activities you can do in your own community to move forward health policy to promote positive patient outcomes.
How might technology and social media play a role in your initiatives?
**NOTE: This course does not include lessons. Please cite your textbook to earn points in the discussion rubric.
I firmly believe that charity begins at home. As healthcare workers, we need to start working in our homes before we can attain the desired national changes. I would start by advocating for the best care practices in my care facility. The American Nurses Association lists evidence-based practice as one of the key nursing competencies. Therefore, I would like to exercise this competence by identifying problems in my care facility, developing a research question, retrieving relevant studies, analyzing findings, and disseminating findings to relevant stakeholders. I would use my advocacy skills to advocate for the implementation of evidence-based practice. Notably, this would help improve quality of care, patient safety, and overall patient outcomes.
Secondly, I can simply engage my representatives and participate in politics in support of health….Please click the icon below to purchase full answer at only $5