This week’s graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO1 Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
- CO2 Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 and 8)
- Reflect on your practice, and identify a significant nursing clinical issue or change project that you would like to search for evidence in online sources. Formulate searchable, clinical questions in the PICO(T) format for your nursing clinical issue.
- Next, review the guidelines for the PICOT Assignment due Week 3. Use your PICOT elements to search for one report of a single, original study that has been published within the last 5 years from the CCN Library that is relevant to your nursing clinical issue.
- Briefly describe how it is relevant to your nursing clinical issue. Remember to give a complete reference to the study.
According to Bailey, Ben-Shlomo, Tomson, and Owen-Smith (2016), over the last couple of years, the number of patients suffering from end-stage renal disease has increased substantially. As a result, one of the most serious issues in regard to kidney transportation has been organ shortage. This shortage has consequently encouraged the use of deceased donor. Nevertheless, there have various debates on the impact of living donor versus deceased donor kidney transportation on the patient particularly when it comes to psychosocial consequences. On this understanding, the picot question proposed in this discussion is; For kidney patients, does receiving kidney transplant from a living donor in comparison to receiving from a deceased donor helps in enhancing their quality of life over a period of one year?
P (Population)-Kidney patients who have undergone kidney transplant….Please click the Paypal icon below to purchase full solution for only $5