This week’s graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO1 Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
- CO2 Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 and 8)
- CO4 Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and lab significance related to evidence-based practice. (POs 4 and 8)
- CO5 Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (POs 7 and 8)
After the data have been analyzed, conclusions are made regarding what the findings mean. Then, this information must be shared with your healthcare team.
- Choose one of the articles from the Week 5 RRL assignment, and discuss the findings. Would you apply the evidence found to your practice? Explain your answer.
- Translating research into practice is the final and most important step in the research process. Review information you found your nursing clinical issue and explain ways in which you would share the research-based evidence with your peers.
The selected article for this discussion is Making sense of a new technology in clinical practice: a qualitative study of patient and physician perspectives by Pals et al. (2015). This study acknowledges that over the last couple of years, the number of new technologies for risk assessment has been increasing substantially. These technologies have been found to play a fundamental role in improving care practices as well as patient outcomes. As such, there is a substantial need to understand the extent to which these technologies are understood and interpreted by users in the clinical setting. Taking this into account, this study aimed at exploring the perspectives of patients and physicians on the usefulness of new technology of detecting CAN. The study revealed that physicians typically find it hard to communicate…Please click the Paypal icon below to purchase full solution for only $5