PICOT Worksheet Guidelines
Clear identification of the problem or opportunity is the first step in evidence-based nursing. This assignment offers a tool to assist in the identification of the problem, proposed intervention, and desired outcomes. Completion of the assignment will include identification of the problem or concern using the PICOT format.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcome.
CO1: Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO7)
Submit the completed PICOT Worksheet Form by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 3.
This assignment is worth 200 points.
- Read these guidelines including the grading rubrics below.
- Download and use the required PICOT Worksheet form
- You are required to complete the form using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at . Click on the envelope at the top of the page.
- Consider what is the nursing problem or issue that you have uncovered. Make sure it is related to nursing, i.e., one that a nurse can solve independently. Do not select a medical problem that is dependent upon a medical professional to resolve.
- Download a of how to fill in the worksheet to help you complete your own form.
- Submit the completed PICOT Worksheet form.
|What is the PICOT question?
For kidney patients, does receiving kidney transplant from a living donor in comparison to receiving from a deceased donor helps in enhancing their quality of life over a period of one year?
Define each element of the question below:
P– (Patient, population, or problem): Kidney patients who have undergone kidney transplant
I– (Intervention): Kidney transplant from a living donor
C– (Comparison with other treatment/current practice): Kidney transplant from a deceased donor
O– (Desired outcome): Enhanced their quality of life
T-(Time Frame): One year
|What is the practice issue/problem? What is the scope of the issue? What is the need for change?
The last couple of years as denoted by Bailey, Ben-Shlomo, Tomson, and Owen-Smith (2016) have witnessed a substantial increase in the number of patients suffering from kidney failure. As a result, organ shortage has been a significant issue in the last couple of years. This explains why the use deceased donor has been encouraged. This notwithstanding, various issues have erupted on the impact of living donor versus deceased donor kidney transplantation on the psychosocial aspects of the patients (Gozdowska et al., 2016)…..
Please click the Paypal icon below to purchase full solution for only $10