- Submittinga file upload
The assignment must be completed by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. (MT) at the end of Week 5. This assignment is worth 17.5% of your overall grade. See the details for this assignment below and in the Module titled Course Resources.
Note: The purpose of the MSN project proposal is to translate evidence currently found in the literature into practice within the chosen specialty track. Due to the research complexity, time involvement, and implications regarding human subjects, drug studies are not acceptable areas of interest for a MSN project.
The process for affecting positive change to improve practice outcomes can start with either the identification of an area of interest or the identification of a potential or existing practice problem. Selecting an area of interest helps to define a direction of further inquiry. The purpose of this assessment is for students to identify and discuss an area of interest specific to their selected specialty track. Students will identify a common practice problem related to the selected area of interest and provide a recommendation to affect positive change.
Through this assessment, the student will meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO 1: Examine roles and competencies of master’s-prepared nurses essential to performing as leaders and advocates of holistic, safe, and quality care.
CO 3: Analyze essential skills needed to lead within the context of complex systems.
CO 4: Explore the process of scholarship engagement to improve health and healthcare outcomes in various settings.
Total Points Possible
This assessment is worth 175 points.
Submit your file(s) by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday at the end of Week 5.
Criteria for Content
Review literature or reflect on an experience that is related to common concepts and topics specific to your identified specialty track. Information on common topics for specific specialty tracks is located in Course Resources. Reflect on an area of passion that facilitated your specialty track selection. Identify a common issue/concern related to your identified area of interest.
- In a PowerPoint Presentation, address the following:
- Introduction to presentation
- Explain the importance of master’s-prepared nurses conducting evidence-based projects related to nursing practice and profession.
- Discuss a model for developing an evidence-based project
- Include illustration (diagram) of model
- Identify specialty track and reasons for selecting this area of study
- Introduce area of interest
- Discuss what is known about the concept or topic
- Provide common themes, ideas, or facts found in literature
- Identify a common issue/concern related to your identified area of interest. Provide a recommendation for positive change related to the identified issue/concern.
- Consider factors that might influence the recommended change
- Identify at least two (2)internal factors that have the potential to influence the change.
- Identify at least two (2)external factors that have the potential to influence the change.
- Identify two (2)AACN Master’s Essentials that address or support an evidence-based project related to your area of interest.
- Conclusion to presentation
- Provide references
Preparing the paper
- Application: Use Microsoft Power Point™ to create the PowerPoint presentation.
- Length: The PowerPoint presentation must be 12 total slides(excluding title and reference slides).
- Speaker notes are used and include in-text citations when applicable.
- A minimum of four (4)scholarly literature references must be used.
- Submission: Submit your file: Last name_First initial_Wk5Assessment_Area of Interest.
Identifying area of interest and evidence based practice play a vitals role in advancing nurses professional competences, improving patient outcome as well as the healthcare productivity. This presentation includes discussion on evidence based project, conceptual model representation of EBP, specialty track, Personal area of interest, issues related to the area of interest and their improvement recommendations, factors influencing change and AACN master’s essentials and a conclusion statement. According to Lopez (2016), Evidence Based-Practice is the effective utilization of available contemporary evidences in collaborative medicine and care provision. It integrates the best available evidences with clinical know-how and patient values in order to attain improved patient outcomes. MSN research projects that are evidence based practice create an enabling platform for expert knowledge exploitation, learning opportunity as well as transformation of newly gained expertise into clinical practice (Lopez, 2016).The MSN research prioritizes on quality improvement in regards to data collection, appraisal, and enhancement of total patient outcome. For nursing profession to advance, nursing research ought to be built on a concrete foundation of a comprehensive and evidence-based practice. Thus, it is pivotal for MSN nurses to become exposed to, nurture an appreciation for, and embrace nursing research….Please click the Paypal icon below to purchase full solution for only $10