Consider the case scenario you described in week six and assume the change process is proceeding in an effective manner. Address the following:
- Provide a concise introduction for your posting.
- Identify the key stakeholders who are impacted by the change at each of the micro-, meso-, and macro-levels, and discuss how you will engage those stakeholders in the change process.
- Describe one supportive factor within the system which will facilitate your recommended change and an example of one barrier that may occur which would impede your recommended change.
- Provide at least one leadership strategy to address or resolve the barrier; include your rationale.
- Recommend one leadership strategy to sustain the change within the context of a complex system and explain your rationale.
- Conclude with a succinct synopsis of key points and concise self-reflection of how this topic contributes to your growth as a future leader in the chosen specialty track.
The case scenario presented is the increase in readmission rates for patients with diabetes in the last 6 months. They have increased patient readmission rates, length of stay (LOS), morbidity, and mortality. They have also increased the cost of care and reduced patient satisfaction rates. This concern impacts my future MSN practice as it affects nurse-sensitive patient care outcomes and quality of care. A nursing intervention that can help reduce these readmissions is patient education at discharge to increase their self-care upon discharge.
The change stakeholders at the micro-system level include unit nurses at the diabetes care unit and discharge unit in which patients, families, and care team create collaboration care delivery…..Please click the icon below to purchase full answer at only $5