This assignment provides the opportunity for the student to work on an identified area or phenomenon of interest and nursing concern/problem related to their MSN specialty track.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO#1 Integrate evidence-based practice and research to support advancement of holistic nursing care in diverse healthcare settings. PO 1
CO#2 Integrate knowledge related to evidence-based practice and person-centered care to improve healthcare outcomes. PO 2, 5
CO#4 Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies. PO 1, 2, 3, 5
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week Two
Total Points Possible: 150 points
Description of the Assignment
This assignment will allow the student to identify a nursing practice concern or problem within their chosen MSN specialty track. For this course, the selected practice concern or problem and nursing theory then serve as a foundation to the identification of PICOT question. Identification of the literature search terms will prepare you for the Research Summary Table assignment due in week 5. The purpose of the assignments in this course is to translate evidence currently found in the literature into practice within the chosen MSN specialty track.
Criteria for Content
- Answer all the questions in the first section of the PICOT worksheet
- Identify your MSN Specialty Track
- Describe the practice concern/problem.
- Why is this concern/problem important to nursing and healthcare?
- What is the scope of the concern?
- What evidence is there for the need for change?
- Include a minimum of two scholarly sources.
- Define each element of your PICOT question
- P-Population and problem – What is the nursing practice concern or problem and whom
does it affect?
- I–Intervention – What evidence-based solution for the problem would you like to apply?
- C–Comparison – what is another solution for the problem? Note that this is typically the
current practice, no intervention at all, or an alternative solutions.
- O–Outcome – Very specifically, how will you know that the intervention worked? Think
about how you will measure the outcome.
- T–Time frame – For the purpose of the EBP project, keep the timeframe within 6-8 weeks.
- Write your PICOT question in the standard PICOT question format
- Identify the key search terms and phrases for your literature search.
- Identify a theoretical framework/nursing theory that will guide your EBP project
Preparing the Assignment
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
- The PICOT worksheet will include a title page and reference page.
- Title page and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual.
- A minimum of 2 (two) appropriate research-based scholarly references must be used. References must becurrent – within a 5-year timeframe.
- Proper citation and reference are required for the Ideas and information from scholarly, peer-reviewed sources.
- Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
PICOT Worksheet Assignment
Nursing research is highly fundamental as it is the only evidence-based approach to making a decision regarding whether a particular a care/ treatment, diagnostic, prevention, or disease curative approach is better than the existing care standard (Boswell & Cannon, 2018). Conducting research takes into account development of a research question in the form of PICOT/PICO. This paper will identify my nursing specialty and the present a practice concern, provide a definition of PICOT elements, the developed PICOT question, literature search terms and phrases used and a theoretical framework for guiding the EBP project.
My MSN specialty track is Family Nursing Practice (FNP). My practice concern is the increasing number of maternal deaths in United States, particularly among the minority groups. This concern is important to nursing and health care mainly because it negatively affects the nursing and health outcomes and results in increased health-related costs. Additionally, it increases the number of motherless infants who definitely need nursing care…..Please click the icon below to purchase full answer at only $10