The purpose of this assignment is to (a) develop a mission statement, (b) identify consistency between the program mission statement and the parent institution, (c) identify collaborative input from classmates in the development of a mission, and (d) demonstrate skills in the development and articulation of ideas in a scholarly manner. Download the guidelines and rubric using the link below.
Assignment Criteria for the Paper
- Mission statement reflects original work of the student.
- Mission statement reflects uniqueness of the nursing program and is congruent with the mission statement of the parent institution.
- Mission statement is clear, concise, and succinct and includes teaching and service.
- Changes to the initial mission statement are identified, based on peer collaboration.
- There is a minimum of two scholarly references related to mission statement development.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, references, and citations are consistent with formal academic writing and APA format as expressed in the current edition.
- An introduction and conclusion are required in the paper.
As described by Valiga (2020), a mission statement is a clear explanation of the reason why an organization exists. It describes the purpose and intention of the organization. Mission statements are important in guiding an organization to achieve its set goals and desired future. Nurses also need to have their mission statements for them to develop a sense of purpose for their activities and realize their goals in nursing and their chosen specialties (Alegre et al., 2018). This paper discusses the mission statement of the parent organization, selected program mission statement, elements of program mission statement, its congruence with the parent organization’s mission statement, and peer collaboration.
Parent Organization Mission Statement
The parent organization is the Chamberlain University. Its mission statement is “to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations” (Chamberlain University, 2021).
BSN Program Mission Statement
My final BSN program mission statement is “to educate leaders, clinicians, and scholars…..Please click the icon below to purchase full answer at only $10