The purposes of this assignment are to: (a) identify and articulate a new nursingcare delivery model to increase the economic and quality outcomes for your organization, (b) articulate how key concepts of the new nursingcaredelivery model will reduce costs and improve the quality of healthcarein the organization, and (c) provide empirical, scholarly evidence to support your ideas.
NOTE: You are to choose two patient safety goals to focus on for your organization. This will allow you, as the nurse executive, some flexibility in relating this deficiency to your new nursing care delivery model.
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 7
Total Points Possible: 225
- This paper will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and organization based on the required components.
- Create this assignment using Microsoft (MS) Word, which is the required format for all Chamberlain documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx.”
- Submit by 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday of the week due. Any questions about this paper may be discussed in the weekly Q & A Discussion topic.
- The length of the paper is to be no greater than three pages, excluding title page and reference page. Extra pages WILL NOT be read by the instructor and WILL NOT count toward your grade.
NOTE: You have the option of verbally presenting the content of your paper and uploading/sending the video to your instructor and posting it in the designated Week 8 threaded discussion.
- APA format (6th edition) is required in this assignment, including a title page and reference page. Use APA level 1 headings for the organizational structure of this assignment. Remember that the introduction does not carry a heading that labels it as a level heading in APA format. The first part of your paper is assumed to be the introduction. See APA manual for details. See resource under Course Resources, “Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers.” Use the suggested format and headings to organize your assignment.
- Include introduction (do not label as a heading in APA format)
- New NursingCare Delivery Model and Patient Safety Goals
- Key Concepts
- Supporting Evidence
New Patient Care Model and Goals
Promoting quality and safety in patient care is centered on the healthcare approach implemented by the organization and professionals. A number of models have been developed in this regard which outlines how care should be delivered. Considering the conventional care delivery models, they have included the task method, primary nursing, team nursing, and total patient care (Eisenstat et al., 2017). Each of these approaches is characterized by merits and disadvantages which inform their preferences. Among the modern models is person-centered care which considers the patient as a whole. This paper, therefore, purposes to examine the replacement of total patient care with team nursing and focuses on two patient safety goals. Also included in the discussion are key concepts of the new model and supporting evidence.
New Nursing Care Delivery and Patient Safety Goals
In total-patient care, it is based on one nursing practitioner being allocated a team of patients without continuity of the nurses’ understanding of the patients’ conditions and treatment procedures as the shifts change. The model is characterized by various challenges including poor patient outcome and lack of consistency in care (King, Long, & Lisy, 2015). To address these challenges, a team nursing model is adopted which is described as a group….Please click the Paypal icon below to purchase full solution for only $10