The purpose of this assignment is to (a) identify and articulate a healthcare organization problem; (b) assess all systems components of the organization problem;(c) identify the problem solution and alignment with the organization mission, vision, and values;(d) describe how the solution supports or creates organization culture and climate change;(e) apply system inputs, throughputs, outputs, cycles of events, and negative feedback related to the problem solution; and (f) identify how the problem solution aligns with professional standards.
Due Date: Submit by Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 2.
Total Points Possible: 200
- This paper will be graded on quality of paper information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and organization based on the required components.
- Create the review using Microsoft (MS) Word, which is the required format for all Chamberlain documents. You can tell that the document is saved as an MS Word document because it will end in .docx.
- Submit by 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday of the week due. Any questions about this paper may be discussed in the weekly Q & A Discussion topic.
- The length of the paper is to be no greater than five pages, excluding title page and reference page. Extra pages will not be read by the instructor and will not count toward your grade.
- APA format (6th edition) is required in this assignment, including a title page and a reference page. Use APA level 1 headings for the organizational structure of this assignment. Remember that the introduction does not carry a heading that labels it as a level heading in APA format. The first part of your paper is assumed to be the introduction. See the APA manual for details. See the resource under Course Resources, “Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers”.
Healthcare Systems Management
The relationship that exists between the healthcare provision systems, quality of care and promotion of health is significantly critical, dynamic and in some instances fraught with frustrations, errors and confusions. As such, it is the mandateof the care givers to ensure continued promotion of their patients’ well-being and delivery of high quality care to patients. With time, a plethora of healthcare delivery systems are employing systems theory within an interdisciplinary framework for the support of healthcare system approaches that minimize errors, promote health and enhance quality of care (Williams, 2017).The Emergence Department (ED), being a critical part of the healthcare ought to apply system’s theory for enhancement of patient care and total outcomes. However, the ED has constantly encountered challenges following the increasing shortages of specialty physicians for delivery of care. This has consequently led to delayed treatments and reduced total patient outcomes as patients’ number outdo the physicians’ capacity to deliver care in the ultimate approach conceivable. This problem can be effectively addressed by proper uti…lization of system’s theory for evaluation, improvement and appreciation of the systems that contribute to the total health outcome within the department.
Taking this into account, this paper seeks to explore healthcare organization problem, assess the organization’s system components that contributes the problem, identify the problem’s and solution’s alignment with organizations mission, vision, values, culture, and climate in relation to the problem, describe the problem department through application of open systems terminology, identify the solution and the desired outcomes and describe how the solution can enhance culture and climate.
Organization Mission, Vision, Values, Culture, and Climate Related to the Problem
The organization’s mission is to deliver high quality care and to promote the health of the people’s lives every day whilst the vision is to be the leaders in quality care provision and total health. The mission and vision statements are highly influenced by any challenge that could….Please click the Paypal icon below to purchase full solution for only $10