In this assignment, you will assume the role of a nurse educator in either an academic or a nursing professional development setting to determine a hypothetical target audience in order to develop an instructional lesson or teaching plan. The target audience will be learners within an academic setting or a healthcare setting (patients are not an appropriate target audience). The plan will include development of measurable learning outcomes/objectives for the target audience; a topical outline of the content to be presented; development of appropriate instructional methods, and development of evaluation methods appropriate for the topic.
- CO 2: Explore instructional strategies reflective of educational theory and evidence-based practice to support person centered care. (PO 5)
- CO 3: Examine unique learning styles and needs of culturally diverse learners to foster acquisition of knowledge and skill. (PO 1 and 3)
- CO 4: Explore a variety of instructional strategies appropriate to content, setting, learners’ needs, and desired outcomes. (POs 3 and 4)
Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 4
Total Points Possible: 240
Imagine that you are a nurse educator in either an academic or a nursing professional development context. Consider who your hypothetical target audience would include, the learning that would be necessary, and a hypothetical lesson that you would teach.
Once you determine this information, you will prepare for the development of an instructional lesson by considering the characteristics and unique needs of the target audience, as well as specific learning objectives, instructional methods, learning resources and methods for evaluation of the learning that has been accomplished.
Note: The and the Course Toolbox have resources available that may assist you with this assignment.
Preparing the paper
This assignment will be submitted to the faculty member using the template provided. The teaching plan is to include the following information:
- Target audience
- Lesson title and purpose
- Lesson-specific learning objectives
- Topical outline
- Instructional methods
- Learning resources
- Evaluation methods
NOTE: Please see the details of the required information and expectations in the table labeled: Assessment Criteria
- Abide by the Chamberlain College of Nursing Academic Integrity Policy.
- A minimum of four scholarly nursing references related to either the instructional methods or instructional resources are to be included in the teaching plan.
- Format for references within the teaching plan as well as the reference page are to be completely consistent with APA format, current edition
- Use an economy of words to complete the Week 4 Assignment.
- Use correct spelling, word usage, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure, congruent with graduate-level writing.
- No direct quotes may be used in this assignment
NR 535: Week 4 Assignment: Preparing to Teach: Developing a Teaching Plan
MSN Student’s Name:
Required information regarding target audience:The target audience is undergraduate nursing students. The learners are (i) self-directed, (ii) results-oriented, and (iii) with high expectations. Being adults, they assume responsibility for their learning and thus, control their learning through self-assessment, self-directed learning, and positive peer-peer and peer-instructor relationships. The learners need applicable information to their professional needs for improvement of their knowledge, skills, and confidence. Further, with high expectations, the learners expect to be taught about useful and practical things and that meet their individual needs and challenges. The implications of these characteristics on the learning are that they will facilitate quicker and more effective learning among the students. Self-directed, results-oriented, and high expectations are attributes that can lead to success in nursing education as the students assume responsibility and accountability for their learning (Oermann et al., 2018). These substantially relate to my teaching-learning philosophy, which has it, that learners learn from their relationships with their peers and instructors and that learners should be self-directed and motivated to learn more. This philosophy will support learning-teaching by ensuring that the nurses create positive peer-peer and peer-instructors relationships, are self-directed in learning more about the course objectives, and anticipate achieving more.
Required information regarding lesson title and purpose:
The lesson’s title is methods of leadership in nursing. The purpose is to teach the students on learning methods so that they can develop knowledge and skills on these methods and be able to choose and apply the best leadership methods in their studies.Each lesson is allocated 2 hours to allow enough time for lecture presentations, online teaching, and team/group-based learning. The learning will occur in physical classrooms and E-learning……….Please click the icon below to purchase full answer at only $10