Assignment: Personal Leadership Philosophies
Many of us can think of leaders we have come to admire, be they historical figures, pillars of the industry we work in, or leaders we know personally. The leadership of individuals such as Abraham Lincoln and Margaret Thatcher has been studied and discussed repeatedly. However, you may have interacted with leaders you feel demonstrated equally competent leadership without ever having a book written about their approaches.
What makes great leaders great? Every leader is different, of course, but one area of commonality is the leadership philosophy that great leaders develop and practice. A leadership philosophy is basically an attitude held by leaders that acts as a guiding principle for their behavior. While formal theories on leadership continue to evolve over time, great leaders seem to adhere to an overarching philosophy that steers their actions.
What is your leadership philosophy? In this Assignment, you will explore what guides your own leadership.
- Identify two to three scholarly resources, in addition to this Module’s readings, that evaluate the impact of leadership behaviors in creating healthy work environments.
- Reflect on the leadership behaviors presented in the three resources that you selected for review.
- Reflect on your results of the CliftonStrengths Assessment, and consider how the results relate to your leadership traits.
- Download your Signature Theme Report to submit for this Assignment.
The Assignment (2-3 pages):
Personal Leadership Philosophies
Develop and submit a personal leadership philosophy that reflects what you think are characteristics of a good leader. Use the scholarly resources on leadership you selected to support your philosophy statement. Your personal leadership philosophy should include the following:
- A description of your core values.
- A personal mission/vision statement.
- An analysis of your CliftonStrengths Assessment summarizing the results of your profile
- A description of two key behaviors that you wish to strengthen.
- A development plan that explains how you plan to improve upon the two key behaviors you selected and an explanation of how you plan to achieve your personal vision. Be specific and provide examples.
- Be sure to incorporate your colleagues’ feedback on your CliftonStrengths Assessment from this Module’s Discussion 2.
- Note: Be sure to attach your Signature Theme Report to your Assignment submission.
Personal Leadership Philosophies
A personal leadership philosophy, as described is the individual principles, beliefs, and sentiments that one uses to lead his or her team (Storr, 2020). This philosophy is guided by own beliefs and character. In this paper, I will discuss my personal leadership philosophy. It includes a description of own core values, a personal mission and vision statement, an analysis of the CliftonStrengths Assessment, a description of two key behaviors to strengthen, and a development plan for these behaviors.
Description of my Core Values
I believe that a good leader is the one that pays attention to their team’s growth through empowering, motivating, mentoring, coaching, and inspiring the team and also themselves. A good leader practices integrity trust, honesty, respect, caring, justice, open communication, accountability, responsibility, and teamwork (Fischer, 2017). My core leadership values are accountability and respect. Respect is crucial to our leadership. It encompasses more than just the absence of disrespect. It involves listening to the team members and understanding their perspectives. Treating the team with respect is important that recognizing, appreciating, providing useful feedback, inspiring them, and finding opportunities for growth, learning, and development. Leaders must also work to earn respect from their team to be successful. When the team respects the leader, there is a high probability that the team will work harder to achieve shared goals and vision. Accountability is the act of delivering on our commitments and….Please click the icon below to purchase full answer at only $10