Assignment: Personal Leadership Philosophies
Many of us can think of leaders we have come to admire, be they historical figures, pillars of the industry we work in, or leaders we know personally. The leadership of individuals such as Abraham Lincoln and Margaret Thatcher has been studied and discussed repeatedly. However, you may have interacted with leaders you feel demonstrated equally competent leadership without ever having a book written about their approaches.
What makes great leaders great? Every leader is different, of course, but one area of commonality is the leadership philosophy that great leaders develop and practice. A leadership philosophy is basically an attitude held by leaders that acts as a guiding principle for their behavior. While formal theories on leadership continue to evolve over time, great leaders seem to adhere to an overarching philosophy that steers their actions.
What is your leadership philosophy? In this Assignment, you will explore what guides your own leadership.
- Identify two to three scholarly resources, in addition to this Module’s readings, that evaluate the impact of leadership behaviors in creating healthy work environments.
- Reflect on the leadership behaviors presented in the three resources that you selected for review.
- Reflect on your results of the CliftonStrengths Assessment, and consider how the results relate to your leadership traits.
The Assignment (2-3 pages):
Personal Leadership Philosophies
Develop and submit a personal leadership philosophy that reflects what you think are characteristics of a good leader. Use the scholarly resources on leadership you selected to support your philosophy statement. Your personal leadership philosophy should include the following:
- A description of your core values
- A personal mission/vision statement
- An analysis of your CliftonStrengths Assessment summarizing the results of your profile
- A description of two key behaviors that you wish to strengthen
- A development plan that explains how you plan to improve upon the two key behaviors you selected and an explanation of how you plan to achieve your personal vision. Be specific and provide examples.
- Be sure to incorporate your colleagues’ feedback on your CliftonStrengths Assessment from this Module’s Discussion 2.
By Day 7 of Week 6
Submit your personal leadership philosophy.
Personal Leadership Philosophies
The purpose of this paper is to present a personal philosophy on the characteristics of a good leader. It includes a description of my core values, a personal mission and vision statement, analysis and a summary of CliftonStrengths Assessment, identification of two key behaviors to strength and action plan.
Personal Philosophy on the Characteristics of a Good Leader
A good leader is the one that focuses on not only personal growth but also the growth of those that he or she leads. This is achieved through constant development, motivation, coaching, mentoring, inspiring, and empowerment of the followers (Busch & Davis, 2018). He/she exhibits human respect, integrity, honesty, responsibility, trust, justice/ fairness, caring, and open communication and collaboration, just to mention a few.
Description of my Core Values
My core values are integrity and accountability. Integrity defined as the commitment to moral principles (Engelbrecht, Heine, & Mahembe, 2017). Integrity is a firm foundation to respect. On the other hand, accountability is the willingness to take responsibility for own actions. It is important for leaders to be accountable for their activities and acknowledge their strengths, weakness, successes, and failures (Busch & Davis, 2018).
A personal mission/vision statement
Mission and vision statements are of high importance as they enable leaders to state their purpose and goals, and to share their vision as well as direction with others. My personal mission statement is “to transform my followers into leaders through empowering, motivating, and inspiring them” while the vision statement is “to create leaders out of those that I lead.”….Please click the icon below to purchase full answer at only $10