For your Assignment, your Instructor will assign you one of the decision tree interactive media pieces provided in the Resources. As you examine the patient case studies in this module’s Resources, consider how you might assess and treat patients presenting symptoms of neurological and musculoskeletal disorders.
- Review the interactive media piece assigned by your Instructor.
- Reflect on the patient’s symptoms and aspects of the disorder presented in the interactive media piece.
- Consider how you might assess and treat patients presenting with the symptoms of the patient case study you were assigned.
- You will be asked to make three decisions concerning the diagnosis and treatment for this patient. Reflect on potential co-morbid physical as well as patient factors that might impact the patient’s diagnosis and treatment.
By Day 7 of Week 8
Write a 1- to 2-page summary paper that addresses the following:
- Briefly summarize the patient case study you were assigned, including each of the three decisions you took for the patient presented.
- Based on the decisions you recommended for the patient case study, explain whether you believe the decisions provided were supported by the evidence-based literature. Be specific and provide examples. Be sure to support your response with evidence and references from outside resources.
- What were you hoping to achieve with the decisions you recommended for the patient case study you were assigned? Support your response with evidence and references from outside resources.
- Explain any difference between what you expected to achieve with each of the decisions and the results of the decision in the exercise. Describe whether they were different. Be specific and provide examples.
Decision Tree for Neurologic and Musculoskeletal Disorders
The advanced practitioners are the first team to encounter patients who require attention for the cognitive and behavioral changes after their presentation to the primary health providers. While it is usually acceptable, it should not disrupt the individual’s usual way of doing things. When the cognitive changes begin to affect the patient, it is crucial to perform the necessary assessment to provide the best pharmaceutical intervention(Needham, Webb, & Bryden, 2017). This assignment will examine the tool utilized when deciding on the treatment that best fits the patient in need. A decision tree is an evidence-based practice that allows the practitioners to make the best decision ever while treating the patient.
Reflection of the Case
The case involves a 76-year-old patient, Mr. Akkad, who presents with “strange behavior.” The son explained the patient’s history and confirmed that the symptoms began several years ago.The patient lost interest in being around his family and increasing changing personality and fewer words. Recently, the symptoms have been worst in the recent past, with the personality changes becoming. The son pointed out that his father’s declining problems and violence towards people have prevented their efforts to provide assistance and necessary care.
First, Second and Third Decisions
I made thethree decisions when the patientinsisted that he leave to some unknown destination, along with the outcomes from the Mini-mental status exam (MMSE) score of 18/30 points that shows moderate dementia(Jeon& Kim, 2021). As a result, the decision was to start……..Please click the icon below to purchase full answer at only $10