The purpose of this assignment is to review the components of the comprehensive geriatric assessment
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this discussion, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Discuss components of a comprehensive geriatric assessment (WO 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4) (CO1, 5, 7)
- Evaluate screening tools used as part of the comprehensive geriatric assessment (WO 1.4) (CO 1, 7)
The initial posting to the graded collaborative discussions is due by Wednesday, 11:59 p.m. MT.
Peer and faculty responses are due by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT. Please note that the late assignment policy does not apply to the collaborative discussions.
A 10% late penalty will be imposed for discussions posted after the deadline on Wednesday@ 11:59 pm MT, regardless of the number of days late. NOTHING will be accepted after 11:59pm MT on Sunday (i.e. student will receive an automatic 0).
Total Points Possible:
Review the assigned topics which are listed by student number. For example, if your student number is 2 you will discuss the functional health domain and then respond to a classmate who has posted on the psychological health domain.
For your assigned assessment domain:
- Provide a brief 3-5 sentence summary of the components of the domain assessment*
- Choose a screening tool which is appropriate for your domain. Explain the screening tool purpose, components and scoring technique*
- Provide 2 references in APA format beneath the table which support your work. You may use the textbook. The second reference must be a scholarly source.
*All responses must be your work, in your own words.
Your table should look like the following:
Paste table inside the discussion board post. Do not attach as a document.
Respond to a peer’s post. Your assigned response to a peer requirement is listed within the assignment table.
Peer response will include:
- Compares peer domain to student’s assigned assessment domain, noting similarities and differences*
- Peer review: discuss how your assigned peer’s screening tool can be applicable in your own future practice*
*All responses must be your work, in your own words
Week 1: Discussion Board – Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment