Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 13, 14
- Minimum of 1 primary or scholarly source (from actor/director or critic – either will count as your scholarly source requirement for discussions)
Initial Post Instructions
Many people would say that the 1999 premier of The Sopranos was a turning point in the development of television as an art form. Choose a television or streaming show that you feel perpetuates the idea that television is indeed a form of art. For the initial post, address the following:
- Include the name of the show and the director.
- Explain why you think this program is art.
- What impact does the example have on viewers’ lives?
- What were some influences of this work?
- Include a statement from an actor, director, or critic of the program that supports your points.
Game of Thrones by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss
With this week’s discussion, I cannot help but ask myself what is art. I understand art to be anything that one does with an aesthetic or communicative purpose: anything that one uses to express their emotions, ideas, or even worldview. We certainly have a lot of television and streaming shows that qualify as art. I would argue that Game of Thrones is art. The show started in 2011 and run until 2019 with 8 seasons. Every scene, every episode, and every season involved a lot of creativity. Basically, the series is set in the medieval era. It follows a story of civil war as seven kingdoms battle to attain control of the Iron Throne- the throne of the king ruling over all 7 kingdoms (Creative Bloq Staff, 2015). Given that the show was set in a….Please click the icon below to purchase full answer at only $5